Biohazard Cleanup Services That We Offer
Insurance Companies and Body Shops have already been inconvenienced as a result of the bio-hazardous condition of the vehicle. DASH will eliminate the additional liabilities related to cleaning up the vehicle.
The cost of a lawsuit or compensation claim for an improper cleaning are many times greater than the costs of a proper recovery. The majority of vehicle recovery costs are covered under most insurance policies.
By using DASH, shop owners can avoid the legal liabilities associated with the violation of the OSHA Standards. OSHA requires that a company have in place a Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan, if even one employee can reasonably be expected to be exposed. Federal Regulation 29CFR1910.1030 states that no employee can be placed in a position to be exposed to blood spills without first:
- Receiving bloodborne pathogen (BBP) training.
- Having a written BBP exposure control plan
- Having been provided appropriate personal protective equipment
- Having been properly fitted and trained
- Having been offered the Hepatitis B Vaccine with exposure evaluation and medical follow-up
- Being provided with a method to remove and properly store the bio-hazardous waste in
properly marked containers for disposal at an approved site
Only after these minimum steps have been met can an employee be required by their employer to clean a bio-hazardous scene. The costs of meeting these requirements can become very high.
The fines imposed by government agencies will be almost nothing compared to the costs of a lawsuit filed by an aggrieved employee. OSHA is very strict and responds rapidly to reported violations. OSHA fines can range from $10,000 to $70,000 for serious and willful violations of these standards.
DASH will provide a discreet response in our unmarked vehicles.